Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bob's Taco Station - Rosenburg, TX

Today was my birthday and what better way to celebrate then by visiting a DDD restaurant? We went to Bob's Taco Station out in Rosenburg, TX. We arrived at 6pm on Saturday evening. The oddest thing about this restaurant is that they close at 8pm on a Saturday night! So if you find yourself hungry and bored after 8pm on a Saturday night (which I think is most of the population) then you'll have to find another restaurant.

Being that Easter Sunday is tomorrow the Snowball stand had closed at 3pm. Seriously? I just drove all the way out to this restaurant and they closed the stand the day before a holiday because, why now? It was a HOT day. However, John told the manager today was my birthday and asked sweetly in his charming way if they would please make me a snowball. They did. They went to the back and made me a snowball. It was pretty good. I'll have to go back to get a snowball from them again one day when they are actually open.

Okay, so anyway, the food. The tamales were great! HUGE and worth the money ($1 each roughly). The tortillas I could take home and eat forever. The tacos were just okay for me. Maybe I just didn't see a regular beef taco with lettuce, tomato and cheese on the menu. They had fillings like cow tongue...yeah, no...

Atmosphere was similar to Berryhill's. A laid back place for sure.   Service was okay.

Price was the best we've seen since Harold's. The tacos were all less than $3. Love that! Overall, I would recommend you come here and try the tamales and try the snowballs if they happen to be open.






No comments:

Post a Comment